Sunday, November 11, 2012

And folks, I call that progress...and it is good.


It’s been 11 ½ months since I started this journey, and this weekend I completed my 12th race.  I've learned more that I ever imagined I would, accomplished more than I ever thought possible, and I actually found a love and passion for fitness; something I always new I needed to incorporate into my life but never thought I’d learn to enjoy.  I am a completely changed Me! 

Looking back, I wasn't unhappy.  I wasn't feeding some underlying emotional issue.  Looking back, I genuinely enjoyed (still enjoy) food and was lazy.  What I have found is a higher level of happiness and self-assuredness I never knew existed.  I explain it like having children.  Your life before kids may not suck, and it may be fantastic and amazing, but once you have a child, you discover a higher level of love that you never knew existed, and life is even more amazing than you could have ever imagined because of it.  It’s a good place to be and I don’t plan on leaving it anytime soon. 

I have two more races this year to wrap up 2012 with a grand total of 14!  I am already planning my goals for next year and am so excited at what lies ahead.  With 41 pounds lost, I have another 20 to go and my focus will be gaining muscle and getting ripped.  I have already signed up for the 2013 Warrior Dash and am planning on completing a Sprint Triathlon in June.  A half marathon will most likely be my next race goal for the spring of 2013.  I have discovered a clean eating diet and with more diligence and self-control, I am confident that eating clean will change me in ways I can’t yet imagine.  Life is short, life is delicate, and life is good.  Get out there and live it!  I challenge you to become the best you that you can be.  I promise, you won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment